The best Amman sightseeing can be found in the heart of the city. Below is a list of the top five sightseeing spots in Amman:
1. Roman Amphitheater – The Roman Amphitheater in Amman is one of the highlights of Amman sightseeing. The huge historic site is remarkably intact and has been preserved and restored with great care.
2. Citadel – The Citadel in Amman is perched at the top of one of the city’s many hills. It offers a unique look into Amman’s history as well as great views over the city.
3. Nymphaeum – The nymphaeum in Amman is a small but beautiful sight. Consecrated to nymphs in Roman times, it is now a historical landmark in the city. Located near the Roman Amphitheater, it is a must on the Amman sightseeing trail.
4. Markets – Amman has many markets that range from fruit and vegetable markets to clothing markets and everything in between. Don’t miss the opportunity to try your bargaining skills and take home some souvenirs from Jordan.
5. Mosques – Amman is home to many beautiful mosques. Non-Muslims are not allowed to enter all of them, so make sure to check before you visit.
Whatever your Amman sightseeing plans, make sure to leave plenty of time for a quick falafel or shawarma stop along the way!